Granny flat leaders In-house Builders have over 35 years experience in the residential and commercial sectors, with exceptional work all across Sydney. We have a steady team of suppliers and installers, so you can be confident that our contractors are consistent and reliable. We will guarantee quality results and superior finishes.
Granny flat Leaders has an in-house registered surveyor that will help answer all your queries and walk you through the process. We aim to help you to accelerate the development and your approvals to help you get started so that it is stress free for you.
Building a granny flat has never been this easy. As of 2009 the government supports the development of secondary dwellings/granny flats through the State Environment planning policy (Affordable Rental Housing or AHSEPP) this policy requirements has made it easier to build a granny flat on your property.
In most cases there is no council approval needed; If your property complies with the council requirements guidelines, as outlined our five steps (below), we can help fast track your development with in as little time as 20 days with our in-house private certifier.
Below you will find a specific compliance that essential to be met to obtain fast approval with no council DA requirement if possible;
STEP 1 – DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY
Property search- Obtain a title search for your property called 149 (2) Certificate. This will outline if your land is bushfire prone and in flooding area that is subject to landslides. The certificate will need to be recent and no older than 6 months and will cost approx. cost $53 from local council.
Sewer-Obtain a sewer diagram from council, and will cost approx. $25.60 or from Reece.
Land Size-Property needs to be larger than 450m2 and 12m wide and meet the required boundary setbacks.
Trees-Advise us if there are any trees in your backyard that are over 6m in height, they will need to be 3 meters away from granny flat construction.
STEP 2 – SITE INSPECTION
Our Surveyor will conduct a contour plan of your site and carry out any necessary requirements needed. This will then be forward to in-house draftsman who will align it with your property.
STEP 3 – DESIGN
When the tender is accepted you are then able to make your selection from our great range of already drawn up architectural plans, otherwise our draftsman we can assist you in drawing up a more custom plan that suits your requirements and your property (at an extra cost).
STEP 4 – FINAL APPROVAL
Once the architectural plans are selected and or drawn up, our certifier will acquire all necessary approvals from structural engineering to BASIX reports.
STEP 5 – CONSTRUCTION
Construction begins! This can be completed from start to finish in as little as 10 weeks. Our experienced builders will do everything they can to keep your property as well kept and maintained as possible while contraction is in progress.
All the Granny Flat Leaders designs, come with a high quality standard package. All materials that have been selected for standard inclusions, have been through a stringent selection process by our designers and builders. All materials have been selected for its high quality and durable finishing’s.
The list supplied below, illustrates what will be supplied in the Standard Inclusions.
Guarantees & Warranties
- 6 Year Structural Warranty
Protects you against any repairs on your building’s structure e.g. concrete slab foundations, timber frame or other issues relating to structural integrity.*
- 26 Week Maintenance Warranty
Protects you against any maintenance on the building.*
- Guarantee #1 :: 4 Weeks Approval or $1,500 cash back for complying development jobs only.*
- Guarantee #2 :: 12 Weeks Building Time or we pay your rent up to $550 per week.*
- Guarantee #3 :: We’ll Match any Lower Comparable Quote or give you $3,950 in free upgrades.*
- Manufacturer Warranties – for all appliances included.
- Meeting with our in-house Architect & Approvals Manager to discuss your needs & property requirements.
- Home Owners Warranty & Long Service Levies included.
- Occupancy Certificate – from private certifier to legally rent/live in premises.
- Excludes authority fees (if any) e.g. Council Section 94 Contributions, bonds or fees.
- CSR Concrete Roof Tile – available standard colour range.
- Colorbond metal roof – in choice of standard colours.
- Brick veneer – available in standard colour range.
- Vinyl cladding – available in standard colour range.
- Blue board painted – in standard colour range.
- Weatherboard painted – in standard colour range.
- Fibre cement eaves, doors & downpipes – painted 450mm.
- Fascia and guttering – in colorbond available in standard colour range.
- Aluminium windows & sliding doors – High quality with key locks, as show on plans.
- Aluminium fly screens – standard range to windows only.
- Water flow meter – allows for individual reading of usage.
- Solid core front door & external grade ceramic floor tile landing 300mm x 300mm as shown on plans.
- External grade tiles to all alfresco, patio & outside areas as shown on plans.
- Painting – Throughout to external eaves, ceilings, doors, skirting, architraves, timber frames & internal walls.
- Internal Flooring – Floating timber laminate floors in living areas and bedrooms.
- External Wall and Ceiling Insulation – as per BASIX requirements.
- Sarking – to external walls.
- Waterproofing – Two coats of polyurethane membrane in accordance with AS3740-2004.
- Internal Doors – Classic hollow core doors. Cavity sliding door in bathroom if shown on plans.
- 10mm Plasterboard, 90mm Cornice throughout. Villa board to bathroom, wet area.
- Joinery – Door frames, window architraves & skirting.
- Wardrobes to Bedrooms – Silver framed mirrored aluminium sliding doors – floor to ceiling (1 x top shelf, 1 x hanging rail, 3 x drawers, 3 x shelves).
- Caesarstone bench tops 20mm.
- Laminate floor and wall cabinets – High quality with soft close doors & drawers. Available in standard colour range.
- Ceramic tile splash back – 300mm x 600mm at height 600mm high.
- Cooktop – modern glass electric cooktop.
- Oven – electric fan forced wall oven 600mm.
- Rangehood – Retractable stainless steel 600mm.
- 1 ¾ Bowl, drainer & mixer in stainless steel.
Bathroom & Laundry
- Semi frameless shower screen with swing door.
- Hand held showerhead with chrome finish mixer.
- Shower mixer & basin mixer with chrome finishes.
- 600 mm Single towel rail with chrome finish.
- Quality dual flush toilet suite with soft close seat.
- Towel ring & toilet roll holder with chrome finishes.
- Floor mounted vanity (600mm) & shaving cabinet with mirror.
- Compact Laundry Tub 27L with cabinet under and mixer.
- Duck handle sink mixer.
- Washing machine hot and cold tap set.
- 300mm x 300mm standard range porcelain / ceramic floor tiles.
- Internal distribution board.
- Safety switches to meter box.
- 3 in 1 (Heat, light, exhaust fan) vented to ceiling cavity.
- 2 in 1 (Light, exhaust fan) to enclosed laundry (if shown on plans).
- Hard wired smoke detector/s.
- 12 x Internal double power points to all rooms.
- 1 x External double power point.
- 15 x LED internal downlights (12W).
- 1 x external sensor light & 1 x bunker light.
- 1x Telephone point & conduit, 1 x TV point & 1 x Data Point.
- Hot water system – electric as per BASIX report or gas instantaneous if upgrade selected and available.
Construction & Site Inclusions
- All Builder, Engineers & Certifier inspection fees included.
- Includes all connections up to 30m water, sewage, storm water, electrical, phone services. Gas upgrade available at additional cost. Allowances made based on 1000 m2
- Excavation allowance – for 1 truck load of natural ground.
- All temporary fencing, sediment control & temporary site toilet.
- Termite Treated System to BCA standards (not applicable if raised piers).
- Concrete Slab – waffle or raft slab, subject to engineering plans. Includes under slab piers.
- Raised Piers – galvanised steel piers and structure subject to engineering plans. Includes concrete piers.
- Engineered Trusses and/or 90mm
H2 treated timber (built to AS 1684 & the Timber Framing Code) to 2400mm ceiling height.
- Final clean (internal & external). All rubbish removed on completion.
- External Garden tap.
If you require more information in regards to fast tracking the approval guide lines or your site requirements. Please refer to fact sheets link supplied below from NSW Planning and environment.
For approval guide lines fact sheets, please click on the following link –
If you have any additional questions regarding Granny Flat Leaders , please call us on (02) 9199 8978 or email us your enquiry from the form supplied below.